Thursday, August 1, 2013

Daily Peeking - Thursday

Another hot day here, so I am staying inside again! The afternoon storms are forming and I can hear thunder in the distance. Maybe after it rains it will cool down a bit.

Just want to let you know my Beef and Beer that I fixed last night was delicious. Mine was more of a stew than a casserole because I had added a little more liquid. The recipe called for a cup of beer. The bottle I used was 12 ounces. What was I going to do with it? Pour it out? I didn't want to drink it, so I just added the whole bottle. Regardless it was very good.

Today I have been sort of lazy except for trying another recipe. This one was for a Pineapple Upside Down Cake. I had never made one before so I thought I would give it a shot.  Here it is........(this is my picture of the actual cake).......


Can't wait to try it after dinner tonight. I will let you know tomorrow if it was a success! I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life.  Take care! xxx

7 comments:

  1. I wish you would live closer, Joy. This cake looks yummy !!! Take care too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me :) Hope you both enjoy it xxxx

    I use what I need in the bottle of beer and put the top back to use another time, doesn't matter if it goes flat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks lovely, I wanted to bake today but it was just too hot

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL re the beer I would have done the same if Mick didn't want it :) that cake looks so yummy, bet it was good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cake .. just like the cook book pictures! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love loads of gravy so I bet it was fab. The cake looks extraordinarily good too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cake looks yummy. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete