Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August Quote Week and Challenge

Here is our quote this week from Lynne:

“When you photograph people in colour you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and White you photograph their souls” ...Ted Grant
 
This is our challenge:
 
This week I would like you to concentrate on taking photos of people, first in colour and then changing the photo into B&W with your camera setting or using a photo programme if you can. Show us your results.

Here are two collages of Spencer in his "Five Month Old" pictures.  One in color and one in B&W. I think I like the color better.



Here are a few other pictures. This one is of our blue skies today. Black and white would not do it justice.

 
 
Here is a very old picture of my mom when black and white was the norm. It is so old it has yellowed some.
 
 

 
 Here is a recent one of Henry playing in his "golf cart".

 
 
That's all for today. xxxxx

6 comments:

  1. I also do prefer Spencer in color. As of sky, I only can imagine it in black and white for a mystery or horror movie ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting how we are so used to colour and with some photos we wouldn't chose to have them in B&W.
    Spencer is gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos. Gosh 5 months already and Henry is a little cutie.
    Those blue skies are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww gorgeous photos and I agree the sky is best blue :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photo of your Mum, that hairstyle is so 1940s! Cute baby pics,definitely better in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos! /I am glad that you post a picture of your mother!/
    The sky is incredibly beautiful! And Spencer and Henry are very cute!
    ***
    Thank you for your support on my blog - you always write me a comment and I rejoice.

    ReplyDelete