Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Daily Peeking - Tuesday and Wednesday

I hope everyone is having a good week so far. I have been fairly busy but not with anything that is fun. Just working around the house, etc. I found some pictures on the internet that show what I have been doing. They are not my own but I think you will get the gist of what I have done the last two days.

Tuesday was laundry day. Oh joy, one of my favorite things. LOL


I have pretty much been inside the last two days because it is too hot to be out. As I am writing this, it is 94 degrees F which makes it about 100 degrees F on my patio (due to the metal roof).

 
Yesterday I also spent some time going through some drawers where I store greeting cards we have received from family and friends along with some pictures. I have a question for you all, do you keep your cards? I always have due to sentimental reasons but now that we are thinking of moving out of the country, I have to do something with them (I have years worth of cards). It breaks my heart to think of throwing them away. Does anyone have any suggestions?
 
 
 As far as the pictures (which I have not made a dent in), I will give a lot of them to my children but I have so many photo albums along with loose pictures of mine, hubby's and my mom's. These are mostly all family photos along with school photos of the kids over the years. I have checked into having them scanned but it is too expensive. Our scanner is way too slow. It would take me an hour to do three pictures!
 


Today besides finishing up my laundry, I put a Beef and Beer Casserole in the crockpot. By the time Thadd gets home it should be ready to eat. I've never made it before but it sure smells good. I tweaked the recipe a little to make do with items I already had. I will let you know how it comes out. I think crockpots are one of the best inventions to come along since the microwave! I got the recipe from Pinterest. There are some great ones on there if you have never checked it out.


I'm not making the mashed potatoes you see in the background as I put some diced potatoes in with mine to cook.

I hope you have enjoyed peeking into my last two days.  Take care! xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Great photos, Joy. Loads of fun (excepted laundry of course) ! You take care too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good two days to me apart from the heat, I too would be indoors. I also collect my cards and every now and then I get them out with the intention of throwing them out and each time I start to look at them and they all go back in the bag til the next time. lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyday is laudry day here, lol...and ouch at the heat! I only keep the important greeting cards, birth, 1st birthday etc, otherwise I would be overloaded :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I save some cards, normally the closest family ones and have also a lot from when my Mum died, always end up reading them and feeling sad but transported back and grateful.. I guess someone else will have to sort lots of my stuff one day!
    Nice pics by the way.. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to collect cards but now they are thrown out! We keep all photos, that will be for the family to sort when we are gone!!

    Where are you and Thadd thinking of moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, laundry.

    I can smell that casserole from here, yum! xxx

    ReplyDelete