Friday, July 12, 2013

Let's Reflect - July

We are now at the letter L in our challenge and the word we have been given is LUCKY. I can tell you right now that words does not apply to me. I have never been lucky (except for meeting my husband) and I am sure I never will be, but you know, that's okay. I have survived all of these years without it so I must not be missing out on much. My Mom used to tell me (and I am sorry if I have told you this before) that if I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I have to say this has been pretty much the truth my whole life. I don't equate luck with gambling or those sorts of things since I don't participate much in that sort of thing. I mostly think it applies to everyday things that can happen to you as you go about your life.

My husband and I joke about how we both must have used up all of our luck when we met each other and that is fine by me. Each other is all we need!

I will tell you a funny story that shows what kind of luck we both have (not just me). We were at a county fair and there was this big tent set up for people to play Bingo. It started raining so we ran in there to get out of the rain. We decided, heck while we are here, we might as well play Bingo. We were the only two people there so we figured we would have a pretty good chance of winning. Well, let me tell you, the man calling the numbers had just about called them all before one of us got a BINGO! He kept looking at us, waiting. That means he called almost all 24 numbers (25 with the free space) before either one of us won.  Needless to say, we don't play bingo anymore. LOL

I know people who seem to be what I consider to be LUCKY. My nephew is one. He seems to just always be in the right place at the right time and things just fall in his lap. His sister, my niece is the same way. She moved to Arizona for one job and hadn't been there very long before a headhunter came to her and offered her an even better job with a huge signing bonus to boot. Heck, if that had been me, that would have never happened.

But, like I said, I am perfectly happy with my life and wouldn't change any of it (except maybe to have my Mom still be alive). Anything negative that has happened in my life has only made me stronger and makes me appreciate what I do have.

Hope I haven't rambled on too much. Take care! xxxx

5 comments:

  1. You know Joy, you told us a bit of your story before and when I was ready your post, I was screaming in my head "but all the negative that has happened in your life made you so much stronger" and that's the way you finished your post, so congratulations, because some people have a lot of negative in their life and don't manage to turn it into positive. You DID manage, so you must be lucky without knowing it. That's the real luck, not winning Bingo or winning the lottery, but what you manage doing with your life. You take care, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I'm glad you were able to see the point I was trying to get across. I am very happy with my life and thankful for my family and friends. And I am a strong, confident woman because of it all. xxx

      Delete
  2. Joy I was saddened to read such negativity in your post. Just think of all the blessings you have, Thadd your children and grandchildren, look around at where you live, what a wonderful place where people fly miles to visit Florida...the weather you have, etc

    I know the downside is your health but hopefully with retirement this can improve a little? Take care
    Love you both lots xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne,thank you for your concern. I did not mean to come across so negative in my post. I was just trying to say that I am not a lucky person, which I am fine with, but that I have achieved a lot life (where luck played no part) but with hard work. I am very thankful for my family, friends, and what I have. Thadd and I still laugh about the bingo game (it was over 20 years ago) when we think about. I am the strong, optimistic, confident woman that I am today due to everything that has happened in my life. Again, thanks for caring and I am sorry if I come across as being negative because it really wasn't meant to be that way. xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Joy. It is said that one creates their own luck but I think that luck is what you make of your life whatever it turns up.

    ReplyDelete