Thursday, July 25, 2013

July Quote Challenge

Our July Quote Challenge from Lynne this week is from Voltaire.

“Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” ~ Voltaire  -  French author, humanist, rationalist, & satirist (1694 - 1778)

So this week what do you appreciate?...The weather? Your family? Friends? Collegues?  Let’s see lots of photos this week!

I have thought about this and I guess I have to say, I appreciate my life period! That includes my family, friends and the fact that I wake up breathing  everyday. I appreciate the days my arthritis and fibromyalgia don't make me so sore and stiff that I can hardly move. I appreciate that I have such a thoughtful and loving husband. I appreciate the time I get to spend with my grandchildren even if it is just Skypeing or talking to them (thank you modern technology).

I appreciate that I was able to retire and that my husband continues to work so I could stop. He is older than me but we have to have health insurance so he keeps on getting up everyday so I can stay home. That is true love for you!

And I appreciate all of you lovely people that I have met on this blog. I feel like I am liked and accepted by you all. I appreciate learning about your families and lives and enjoy seeing all of your lovely pictures. It is so different here from where you are and I love seeing it all. And I can't express how appreciated you all make me feel.

Here are some pictures I thought I would share of the family. The first one is of me and Thadd on an airboat ride on the St. John's River.

 
This is one of Henry playing outside.
 
 
Spencer just turned four months old.
 

 
A collage of Zach. He is a little ham and loves being on the boat.
 
 
This is Erik, Reidar and Henry.
 
 
Morgan, Madi and their mom, Traci (Thadd's daughter)
 
 
Everyone have a good rest of the week.  xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Joy.
    Hope you have a good rest of the week as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the photos of your family x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful family you both have Joy xx I love seeing all your photos

    bless you for the lovely things you say about all of us over the pond, isn't modern technology wonderful another thing to appreciate!

    ReplyDelete