Wednesday, February 27, 2013

“ Look closely. The beautiful may be small” ~ Immanuel Kant

This quote is our challenge from Lynne. It's amazing, when I was trying to find some 'small' items to photograph, everything kept running or flying away! LOL

I did manage in the last two days to get something. Yesterday was a windy, grey day and there wasn't much going on outside because of that. Today the sun was back which helped.


Anyone who has been to Florida knows we have oodles of lizards. I was trying to catch a photo or two of some of the smaller ones but they wouldn't cooperate with me. I did manage to get two bigger ones (which are still small). The big lizard eating the elephant ear is really an iguana from a farm we went to in Roatan. The colorful lizards are made of metal and are hanging on one of our outside walls. LOL Couldn't resist!


This is a little grey squirrel which is also abundant in Florida. There hasn't been a bird feeder made that they can't get in to. I think this is a pretty young one as he/she isn't very big. They can get quite chubby from eating all of the poor birds food. We gave up trying to ever feed the birds anymore. 

I will have to think more on what else I can take pictures of. I hope everyone is well.

6 comments:

  1. Great photos subjects. I think we have finally found the squirrel proof bird feeder, we have had this one for a couple of years now and the squirrels haven't worked it out yet, fun watching them try though lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you - great heroes for theme-quote !
    Really interesting pictures! Congratulations!
    I agree - there are many naturally beautiful!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the photos, i love to see squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos Joyce, keep them coming please xxx
    Hope you are rested and back to enjoying your daily time at home, isn't life great?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos . We really are having to look very closely this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos - I especially like the colourful lizards on your wall. I can imagine that squirrels can be a bit of a nuisance to birds eating their food but that's nature. We manage to feed the birds without great problems.

    ReplyDelete