Friday, February 8, 2013

Happy Friday and Some More Views

Fridays used to be my favorite day of the week because it signaled the end of a work week. Now that I am retired...well, I wish Happy Friday to everyone who is still in the work force. It has only been a week since my retirement but I already have a new perspective on life. It it so much better now. I wake up every morning and thank God that I was able to quit working.

I am going to add a couple of new pictures of some views that I can see from my house. Again, not from a window, but from the doorway that leads out of my laundry room and a view of what I see from my patio where I am sitting right now as I type this. It is about 82 degrees F and breezy today so just a beautiful day to be sitting outside. My ever faithful Toby (my Chihuahua) is out here with me. I think he enjoys it more than I do!

This is what I see out the door of my laundry room. The sun is very bright so the picture came out a little dark. A few of the plants on that old bakers rack are two cacti and a spider plant. I don't know what the other one is called.

 
 
This is what I see when I look out of the patio at a distance. A parking lot and blue umbrellas over at the main pool.
 


I don't know if you are familiar with the term 'snow bird' but that is what we call people who come to Florida for the winter months. They usually start showing up in January and will stay here until April or May when they leave and head back up to the northern states to their permanent residences. The snow birds flock to the pool everyday to bake themselves in the sun. Not very healthy but I guess they like going back north with dark tans. LOL

That's all for today. I am just taking it easy today and enjoying life. Everyone have a good evening and take care. xxx

6 comments:

  1. wish I was a "snow bird" , enjoy your friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a lovely day and we had frost this morning :) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Brits are snow birds when they go to the Mediterranean and get those tans too!! We met some snow birds on the same cruise we met you and Thadd! They have condos in Florida!!
    So pleased you are so relaxed after your first retired week, wonderful isn't it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard of snow birds, we certainly could do with some warmth and sun, but I get bored lying in the sun. Nice views we are seeing a little more of Florida each day. Enjoy your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of snow-birds, I love it, yes I would like to be one :)

    More great views you have and I shall enjoy seeing them. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't imagine knowing I will never have to go to work again. I have 14 years to get used to the idea though. I had never heard of snow birds but think it's a great term.

    ReplyDelete