Friday, February 1, 2013

Oh, so blue...

We are at the color blue now in our rainbow challenge. There are so many shades of blue. Wow. I had difficulty finding what I wanted to post pictures of. There is not a lot of blue that I see on an everyday basis except for the sky. My car is blue but it is a dark, navy blue that looks more like black in pictures. So, I mostly fell back on pictures I already had except for this first one.

This is a picture of the sky with white leftover jet plane trails running across it. I took this outside of my house.

 
 
Next are pictures that I took at a tourist attraction called Gatorland. We took the grandsons there last year. They have just about every size of alligator you can imagine along with birds and a nature trail. The top one is a peacock that I was hoping would spread its tail feathers but it never did. The next one is of these little parakeets that are in an area where you can buy sticks that are covered in bird seed. The birds will land on your hand so you can feed them. The boys were afraid of the birds so this is my hand.
 



Last is a picture I took in Venice of the gondolas covered to keep the rain out.

 
 
I  hope you enjoy my pictures. In case you are curious, I spent my first day of retirement doing a little house work, reading and fixing my husband a delicious spaghetti dinner. Here you can buy spaghetti sauce in a jar basically ready to eat but he will not eat the jarred sauce so I always make mine from scratch. While working this was hard to do unless it was on the weekend. I love to cook when I have time like I did today. It has only been one day and I love retirement! xxx

8 comments:

  1. pleased you are loving retirement, the photos are beautiful and its so nice to see the sun shining in the them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that you enjoyed your first day of retirement. I hope the rest are as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's so refreshing to see the lovely blue sky and other blue-s as we are having some very grey and depressing rainy days here. Hope that all your retirement days are as lovely as the first one. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we had your blue sky. I have a very similar venice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that sauce will be a little more often now! Enjoy your new life Joy x
    I went to Florida many years ago and remember Garland very well.. we used to pass the world HQ for Tupperware on the way to DiSney every day and I always remember that too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great that you are loving your retirement. You'll like it more and more as it carries on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic first day and to cook at your leisure must have been fantastic, lucky Thadd !!!

    Great blue photos too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you have a had a good first day of retirement sure all the others will be just as enjoyable. x

    ReplyDelete