Friday, February 1, 2013

Green

Sorry, I am a little behind. I will catch up today. I will do my green now and then come back later for the next color.   I want to thank you all for your well wishes and congratulations on my retirement yesterday. The office gave me a very nice retirement party with lots of good food and cheer. This is my first day as a 'retiree'. I am looking forward to it.

For my first green picture I thought I would post a shot of grass in our front yard. Our grass is St. Augustine which for the most part retains its color during the winter months. It doesn't stay as green as it does in the summer but it still looks nice. St. Augustine grass is very thick and dense.


My next green is a cupcake alligator my daughter made for one of the grandsons birthday. When she asked him what kind of cake he wanted, he said an alligator. So these are cupcakes all put together to make the alligator. She is very talented when it comes to cupcakes and cakes.


This is a wooden frog that sits at our back door to welcome guests. Whereas I have done a lot of this kind of woodworking myself, this frog was given to me by the friend who got me interested in making wooden decorations.

 
My final photo for green today is a picture I took when we were on a cruise (where we met Lynne and Peter) and had stopped in Corfu. We walked into the town and there was a produce market there with all of these wonderful fresh vegetables. We all know green, leafy veggies are good for us to eat and they had plenty there. I wanted to buy some and take them back to the ship but I don't think they would have let me keep them and I had no way to cook them. :(
 
 

That's all for now. I believe our next color is blue. I will be back later to post again. Everyone have a good day. xxx

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your retirement! That's such a big event and a big change in your life. Enjoy every moment of your hard earned free time. The photos are wonderful and your daughter is a genius cake maker, the alligator is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce, your daughter certainly is talented.
    I love your little frog and the flies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cupcake alligator is genius! Love all your green photos, those market stalls are very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great cupcake alligator, your daughter is very clever! The frog looks great too...lots of lovely green photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well today is the beginning of your new life.

    Love the cupcake alligator, what a talented lady your DIL is!

    I need to go and do my blue photo today. Might be stuck with indigo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that cake is amazing, very talented lady. Love your frog, very welcoming. x

    ReplyDelete