Sunday, January 13, 2013

Where did the weekend go?

Wow, the weekend sure flew by. Here it is Sunday and back to work tomorrow. I am afraid I still haven't had much more success with my serendipitous moments, but I am okay with that. I'm afraid I don't do scrapping at this point. Maybe once I retire I can start. They have a group here who do it and I will be able to join them. So, since I don't have any pages in a book to show, I am going to share some pictures.
 
I did get out and about where we live and take a few more pictures of what I see from my street or area. It was around 4:30 p.m. my time and the sun was fighting to peek out from beneath the clouds that had been coming in and out all day. The picture isn't very good but there was a lot of pinks and yellows mixed in with the grey.

Our weather has been unseasonably warm and all of the poor trees and shrubs don't know what to do. Some of them are blooming way too early and if we have a cold snap, they will be killed.


This tree should not bloom until at least March. It is a Pink Trumpet (common name). Some of them have yellow flowers instead of pink. While it is nice to see the color, I am worried for this poor tree.

The other thing we have a lot of here, and I mean a lot, is Spanish Moss. It will literally take over a tree and eventually kill it. While it is neat to look at, it really is more like a parasite to a tree.


I had better sign off for now. Dinner is about ready and I have to get myself psyched up for work tomorrow LOL!  Everyone have a wonderful evening. xxx

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful pictures, Joy. The pink trumpet is marvelous. The serendipity picture of your daughter made my day! Take care ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures. the weather over here is the same making things flower too early. We have snow warning here now so those poor flowers will freeze.

    ReplyDelete