Tuesday, January 29, 2013

O is for Orange

I am my own worst enemy. I was previewing what I had typed and clicked on the wrong box and lost everything I had typed! ARGH!! So, I start again.

Our challenge today in the Rainbow colors is orange. I do not have much around in the color orange but a Halloween top so I had to hunt through some of my pictures.

The first picture is of my grandsons at the pumpkin patch to find the perfect pumpkins to carve for Halloween


This is a picture of a Dancy Tangerine. They are very sweet and easy to peel. The fruit almost rolls around inside the skin it is so loose. We had one in our backyard for several years but I think my neighbors killed it from having old automobile tires in their yard which leached into the soil. Tires have chemicals which are considered biohazards. They were using them for decorative purposes believe it or not! The Homeowners Association made them dispose of them thank goodness. This is a picture I had from a few years ago



My last picture is of my grandson Zach at his Karate class. He started out with a white belt but has now earned his orange belt. He has three stripes now which means he will be moving on to the next color soon (I'm not sure what that is). Zach is six years old and Karate has been very good to help him to learn self discipline and confidence.


9 comments:

  1. such gorgeous pictures, Zach looks very proud with his orange belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pity that your tangerine tree died. I'd love to live in such a climate to be able to grow tangerines or apricots. Your grandson is doing really well at his Karate class - you must be very proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, I agree Zach really does look proud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Zac. I love the photos of your grandsons choosing pumpkins

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh they look like a barrel of fun :) Henry looks so cute sat there and well done to Zach on his success, my eldest got to go for a couple of years and it did him such good, unfortuntately the tutors went abroad to study for a couple of years and there was no-one else around to teach. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done to Zach on his success! Cute grandsons.
    Lovely photos - congratulations!
    Have a nice day -
    Happy Retirement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh joy, I envy you those lovely citrus fruits growing in your garden or fresh from the tree at least. Lovely orange photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely looking grandchildren you have and Zach's grin looks very mischievious. Shame about your tangerine tree, they sound delicious. x

    ReplyDelete