Thursday, January 24, 2013

Now for the third part...

What do I want, wish for? Am I good at demanding what I want like children do?

I firmly believe where there is a will there is a way and if you want something bad enough you can figure out how to get it. My husband says when you pray to God for something (a non-material thing) He will either bless it or block it. This has proven to be true for us many times when we have prayed about things like moving or job opportunities.

As I have already said, I am retiring very soon. I started telling my husband over a year ago I was going to retire this year and he kept saying, 'we will see'. I wasn't going to take no for an answer. I kept telling him this every chance I got. That is one way to get what I want, wear them down! LOL! This has made me very happy indeed and I am counting down the days. Only five more work days now!

I am not a very materialistic person so I really don't want or need a lot. I like simple things which at times can also be silly. Take for instance the picture of my artificial, lighted, palm tree. I have had this tree for years and put candy canes on it every Christmas. I turn it on almost every evening and leave it on overnight. I love it though some would consider it cheesy. To me, it is like bringing a little of the outside in.




All in all I think I pretty much get what I want but that's because I have a husband who spoils me. I think though that because I don't want much, he always tries to see that I do get things. I am not a shopper, in fact, I hate going to the store. He shops more than I do but he is also very good about thinking about me when he does stop somewhere, even if it is just the grocery store. Yes, I am a very lucky person to have my hubby.

I think I have answered the question, I have to watch myself. I have a tendency to ramble sometimes. LOL xxx

9 comments:

  1. Joy if you were living closer,we certainly would hang out together. I absolutely love who you are ! x
    To answer your question, yes my girls are very friendly, 2 sweeties. Most Golden Retrievers have a wonderful personality, that's why many of them are guide dogs. Bubbles could have been a great one, we teach her a lot of tricks and things to do around the house as she loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tried to bookmark your blog in mine but I don't manage though it works for others. Is your blog being programmed so it can't be bookmarked or is it me being stupid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joy, thanks for your lovely comments and I think you are growing just fine with your blogging.. i don't think there is a right or wrong way, just let it roll. I think us long married ladies get the hang of getting our way don't you.. and my Col is the same, sometimes I ask him to grab some milk and he arrives home with a full shop done.. oh except maybe tomatoes!
    Anne.. I have bookmarked Joy on mine just fine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS and I love your palm, the older and more sentimental the better! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joyce well done on your blogging this week, it makes us so much more closer to each other, by the way I have skype do you? Can we video call each other? let me know

    Hope you have managed to upload more photos? Off to look

    You def have a good one in Thadd, he is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK worked now, following you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so with you that there is more to life than buying things all the time. We too have seen so often the Bless it or Block it answer to prayer. And in time have seen that the requests that have been blocked have turned into blessings. Enjoy every moment of your retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joyce, I so agree with you. I also wish we were nearer and we'd have a great time getting together with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too think you are doing really well with your blogging, I enjoy them very much and it is so nice to get to know new people especially from so far away. I am glad you appreciate your hubby. xxx

    ReplyDelete