Sunday, January 20, 2013

What Makes Me Happy

Lynne's challenge is a quote and three questions. The first question is 'what makes you happy'? For the most part I like simple things. It doesn't take much to make me happy. A sunny, breezy day that is perfect to sit outside and read; sleeping in on a Saturday; a surprise date night with my husband; or getting to spend time with my grandson Henry.  


This picture was taken on this Friday past of Henry and his PaPaw. All of our other grandchildren except for Erik and Reidar who are my daughter's stepsons, live out of state. Henry is the first local grandchild that we have been able to watch growing up from day one.

Of course when I retire on January 31, that is going to make me so happy I won't know what to do with myself! LOL

I am a huge animal lover. Holding and loving a puppy or kitten brings me great joy and happiness. My poor Bella just recently died (my cat) so now  my dog Toby gets all of my attention, which of course he loves.

 
 
I would have a half of a dozen pets if I could but I think Thadd would divorce me! LOL
 
I guess I will go for this evening and will come back later to spread some more of my happiness. Take care everyone. xx
 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce, thank you for being the first one to blog on my challenge week 4. I was thrilled to get up this morning and look at my challenge to find your link :)

    Not long to your retirement which I am sure will open a whole new dimention to you xxxxxxx

    Wonder what else you can blog this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are alike on so many topics, Joy, the sun, the simple things, the animals. Your grandson looks so cute ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will so enjoy having the extra time with him, we can't believe the next generation of our family is growing so quickly.. but it's nice we have the energy to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to say snap to many of the things that make you happy. I am sure you will find plenty to do upon your retirement and wonder how you had the time to go to work. x

    ReplyDelete