Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Let's Reflect - January

SERENDIPITY.  Is a very Victorian sounding word which is not something I relate to or use. It reminds me of something Mary Poppins would say, but I can identify with the meanings. I have these flashbacks to days of my youth when I hear certain songs on the radio, one of my favorites being "Summer in the City" by the Loving Spoonful. It was popular the summer I graduated from high school. Those were days of stress free, delightful fun of spending days at the beach with my friends just enjoying being together. (The days before having to get up at 6:00 a.m. and trudge into work to a job I am tired of doing.)

This is a one of my favorite pictures of my daughter Stacey that was taken when she was pregnant with Henry. She had a wonderful pregnancy and was so full of wonder at the little body growing inside of her. To me, this is what serendipity looks like.

 
 

I am sure I will come up with more but for now it is all I have. I'm not sure if I am following all the rules but I have really enjoyed participating in this challenge and I love looking at everyone's pictures and reading their blogs. Thank you again for allowing me to be part of your group. xxx

7 comments:

  1. Aww that is a lovely photo. She does indeed look peaceful and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent post! Congratulations!
    Great picture! Yes, she is beautiful and very happy!
    An expectation of a wonderful event!
    My mother also said that pregnant women are extremely beautiful. It's true!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are no rules Joy, just to have fun. This photo is very beautiful and you are so right, it relates to pure happiness. Well done !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I love seeing happy pregnant ladies. It is like a non-exclusive exclusive club..I just wish that life was less hectic for young mums at a time when they should be able to relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. its a lovely picture...pregnancy is a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Def a serendipity moment :) Well done xxx I am really aware this week of how we take little things for granted and do not realise the emotions it can bring, nostalgia is a very strong emotion took

    I hope to add to my view book on sunday with a page and a title Serendipity and all things I have noticed and thought about this weeK :)

    Not sure whether to add another view photo or not yet!!

    Have you seen FSM photo a day on FB?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous photo of your daughter.

    ReplyDelete