Sunday, March 10, 2013

View of a Visitor

Some of you are wondering what a 'cold snap' is here in Florida. Well, depending on who you ask it can be anything below 70 degrees F! LOL! Actually, I consider a cold snap to be when the weather is going to be down in the 30's (usually 38-39) and only a high in the 50's or 60's. Most of the plants in our yards (we don't call them gardens but I have to say I like the word garden better) are not suited to anything under 50 degrees F. When it comes to plants we have perennials and annuals. The perennials come back every year, are hardier plants and can withstand colder temperatures. Annuals usually die out during the winter months and have to be replaced  though in Florida a lot of the annuals do survive the winter. They become scraggly and have to either be cut back or dug up. We prefer perennials because it gets expensive to replace the annuals every year.

This is a picture of a visitor on my car yesterday. I am not sure what the bird is called but it is one of many here where we live. This area is considered a bird sanctuary so we get all kinds. It was also nice enough to leave a large deposit on top. Now I need to get my car washed.


Lynn, I too am getting comments from an anonymous person. I have just been ignoring them. Guess it goes with the territory.

7 comments:

  1. I love your bird - sorry about the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. naughty bird leaving you a message!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a bird, what a nuisance to have made a mess on your car. We have seagulls here and it is a losing battle!

    I had an anonymous commenter, which was annoying as they had hooked into an old post from last year and kept trying to get me to link over to whatever it was they were plugging. Anyway on my blog settings I have disabled anonymous comments and that has sorted it, well at least for the moment. Let me know if you need any help. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bird but such a nuisance when they mess on the car, ruins the paintwork. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to Florida in 1991 to escape the british icey spell, it ws freezing there too.. in SeaWorld there was a cheer leaders competition and all the kids were wrapped in blankets..and we saw a celebrity from the Uk who said he had gone there to escape the snow too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many curious bird - it appears to peeking through the window.
    Nice photo - white bird and blue car. The birds always leave a message - I was here.
    Many thanks for your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete