Friday, March 8, 2013

The View from my Kitchen Window (not)

I am jealous! Everyone seems to have such  nice views from their kitchen windows and all I have is a wall! LOL! I will just have to make do with some pictures I took out in the yard. We have a Bougainvillea in a big pot in the front of the house. The pot is fairly old has a big crack running down the side of it but so far, the plant is still doing okay. We do not seem to have very good luck with this plant. We have managed to kill every single one we have ever bought except for this one but we have only had it for about eight months, so it's still early. LOL! They do not do very well in cold weather and the few cold snaps we have had caused all of the leaves and flowers to drop. It is starting to come back now so I took three pictures of it. One from a distance and two close up. The other picture is of one of our Crepe Myrtles. They get cut back for the winter months and get new leaves and flowers as Spring comes along. This one is just starting to get new growth (leaves).


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Joy, Such gorgeous splashes of red :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks beautiful, hope you dont get any more cold and it keeps doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how cold your cold snaps are? Too cold for a poor Bougainvillea though. Nice photo, hope it survives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you cover your plant with something when you get a cold snap?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL to your cold snaps. I love that flower. We see it around the Mediterranean never in UK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bougainvillea, shame it can't be grown here. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete