Monday, March 25, 2013

5 Things Continued

I must apologize for being so far behind. It has been a busy week again. How did I ever find time to work before I retired?? ( LOL) Before I get to the last two items of our challenge, Lynne wanted to see a picture of the cowboy boots I mentioned in my last post. So, I dug them out of the closet. I'm afraid it is not a very good picture.


The last two questions posed were:

Can you tell us about your almost five minutes of fame, or your brush with a celebrity..
I don't think I have ever had a brush with a celebrity, I'm not that lucky. My closest five minutes of fame took place back in the 60's when I was on a local dance program called Hi-Time. It was our version of American Bandstand but without the famous singers and bands. I have always loved to dance and to be picked for the show was a great honor as they only took a few kids from each junior high school. To be honest, I don't even remember how I got picked. I do remember being nervous and thinking 'what if I trip or something on TV"? LOL It was fun though!

Can you tell us about a person who was a big influence on you?
I really can't think of anyone who was a big influence on me other than my mother. It was her upbringing that made me the strong woman I am today. I am a plain, honest person who does the best I can by everyone. I don't have any special skills or anything that makes me stand out but I am kind and loyal. I am the youngest of three children and the only one of without a college degree, but I consider myself as intelligent as my siblings. I chose to be a wife and mother over education at the time. Had I to do it all over again, I may have taken a different path, but I am satisfied with how my life turned out. :)



1 comment:

  1. Loving those boots and thanks for sharing so much Joy, it is lovely to get to know you all.. I have a degree but have not really had a career using it, but my Mum always had a saying 'educate the mother, you educate the children'
    It wasn't until Mum dies and I had grandchildren that I truly appreciated how wonderful it is to have a family and rear them safe and sound.. x

    ReplyDelete