Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lucky 7's in 2014 - Week 1 Resolutions

Happy New Year everyone! We are starting a new blog/challenge this year and I am excited as we will all be able to continue to stay in touch.

Here is the first week challenge from Kathijo.

Week 1
Hi everyone.. I hope you all had a peaceful Christmas break and the New Year festivities have left you feeling positive.. and without too much of a headache!  
 So.. here we are.. a weekly picture prompt with extra words for those of us who want to upload daily ('aren't phones just so much easier these days'.. said the middle aged lady in the corner ;-) )
I will usually set on a Monday (but for a soft start I am setting a 5-day Week 1 to start us off today) and then week 2 will run from Monday 6th.. 
Our word for this week will be : Resolutions 
with added daily prompts : 
    • Wednesday : Food
    • Thursday : Drink
    • Friday : Clothes
    • Saturday : Travel
    • Sunday : Family

Our word is 'resolutions'. I don't do resolutions because I always end up breaking them so I just try to live each day as best as I can. I find this works for me and keeps me from feeling bad or guilty about myself if I don't follow through on my resolutions.

For pictures I will combine Wednesday and Thursday since I was not able to get on the computer yesterday.

Wednesday: Food - We have a long standing tradition here in our house. As you know (or may not know) we live on a golf course and they always have a 'Bloody Mary Golf Tournament' on New Year's Day. They provide gallons of Bloody Mary's (yes, the alcoholic drink) to all the golfers. I don't golf but Thadd and his golf team have a very good time even though I think their golf game is highly compromised by it. LOL! Afterwards, everyone comes to the house for our traditional New Year's Day dinner which consists of corned beef, cabbage, blackeyed peas, mashed potatoes and a veggie (this year it was yellow/zucchini squash). We have some kind of bread too along with green onions (scallions) and some cucumbers to munch on. Of course we always have dessert. This time I made a delicious banana pudding. I didn't take pictures of a plate but here are some pictures of the food.


The banana pudding is a version of Paula Deen's and everyone absolutely loved it. It may not look like much but it is soooo gooood!


Thursday: Drink - Below is a picture of what most were drinking on New Year's Day (Wednesday). Top left is a Bloody Mary, top right a Mimosa (with a splash of Cranberry juice, and the beer the guys were drinking.


The only thing we have had to drink today is coffee (Thadd) and tea (me). We have one of those Keurig coffee/tea makers which we love. I can have what I want and he can have what he wants and there is much less waste this way. This is my favorite...

Thank you Kathijo for setting up our new blog page. I won't be able to blog on Sunday or next week as we are going to be on a cruise and I won't have access to a computer but I will try to catch up when we get back on the 12th. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures and blogs. Take care! xxx

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful post and photos!
    The food looks delicious!
    Enjoy your cruise next week! We will wait for interesting pictures of your trip!
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a new year's feast, the whole day sounds a lot of fun. Have a great time on your cruise. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures Joy.. i know about these celebrations in New Year which involve a sport, lightly hiding the true drinking reason! My brother used to go hunting birds with his dog at Christmastime.. sometimes they didn't get past opening the bottle..birds were safe that year! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year to you both xxx

    great photos and so pleased you are continuing this year :)

    Where are you cruising to? Enjoy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Bloody Mary Tournament sounds a lot of fun, although I really don't like tomato juice! Good to see you like British Tea too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the banana pudding looks yum

    ReplyDelete