Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Favorite Winter Food

When it finally cools off some (like last week) we do like to have soup. You have all heard me say that hubby has to have meat, so one of our favorite cool weather soup is oxtail soup. 


This is not a very good picture (I had to use a picture from the internet as I have never taken a picture of our soup). Mine looks similar to this. It is a very hearty soup. We have a recipe for cow foot soup from Belize that I want to make but I haven't been able to find any place that sells cow feet here.

5 comments:

  1. Eeeuuuwww ..cows feet! I was only talking to my Jordan about Oxtail Soup this week as it was one of the things we had as a kid..but from a packet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this soup a lot.
    Thank you for that post! Excellent photo.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have never made oxtail, only had it from a tin LOL !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really chunky soup. I think here we would call it a stew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We also have a similar dish and especially my parents had to have it every single Sunday even in summer.

    ReplyDelete