Saturday, September 28, 2013

More on Friendship

I thought I would add a little more about friendships and include some more pictures. All of my old pictures are packed away and unavailable at this point so I can't show any great old ones like some of you are. I have really enjoyed seeing everyone else's though. I mentioned my long time friend Marylou in my last post. I can only offer a recent photo but she really hasn't changed much since we were kids. She is one of my friends that I packed shrimp with that I told you about in our posts about previous jobs. We became friends at the ripe old age of seven!


Here are a couple of collages of people I have worked with at the University over the years and have remained friends with even if it is just on FB. Some of them I do see on a regular basis for lunch, etc.


 
 
Thadd and I are good friends with my ex and his wife Kim. We spend a lot of time at each other's houses and Thadd plays golf with Don almost every weekend. Kim plays as well but unfortunately, I can no longer play. A lot of my other friends think it is weird that we are all such good friends but it has made the kid's lives easier because of it. Kim is such a sweet, kind person, you can't help but love her.
 


I thought I would also put an updated picture of my son, niece and great nieces that was taken when he went to visit them in Arizona where they live. He was there on business.

 
And last but not least a new picture of Spencer and Henry. I'm sorry, I can't help myself. I guess to say I am a proud grandma is an understatement. LOL! Spencer is just now starting to get real food and he is enjoying it as you can see.
 
 
 
The stores here are already gearing up for Christmas and have their aisles loaded with toys. My daughter took this today of Henry trying out his very own Mini Cooper! Though he looked right at home in it, I seriously doubt Santa will be bringing it for him.
 




I am leaving for Arkansas on Monday to go take care of my grandson Zach while his mom and dad go out of town. I will try to post if I can get on their computer. I don't like to take my laptop with me when I have to fly. Take care everyone. xxxx

5 comments:

  1. Safe travelling to Arkansas xx

    How lovely to be friends with your ex too! x

    Thank you Joy for doing my challenge this week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post. Enjoy your time with Zac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a nice time in Arkansas! I love your story and I think your grandchildren are really lucky to have such a wonderful grandma. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a safe trip. Great post as always. Ah those two boys again - don't think I will ever get bored of seeing photos of them. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post!
    Have a nice time in Arkansas!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete