Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Let's Reflect Challenge - September

Our challenge from Anne is as follows:

Let's continue our little trip through the word LINING. Today we reached the letter N and the word I chose will probably surprise you. I selected it because it's a fun word, mostly very affectionate and caring and also it will give us an occasion to learn a bit more about each other again. Our word this month is : 

NICKNAME
According to our Friend Google:

Nickname  : A familiar or humorous name given to a person or thing instead of or as well as the real name.

So maybe you are going to be brave and tell us your nickname or the one you had when you were young, or may be you will do so for your partner, your kids, your pets, or something that belongs to you, like your car, or a piece of garment, or your first toy . . . the choice is yours.

In addition Anne added this side challenge:

If you have a bit more spare time and would like a photo challenge, here we are: This week, take photos of things or people whose names only start with one of the letters we already used in this challenge : S, I, L, V, E, R or N. There are 7 letters for 7 days. You can do in any order you want.

I have never really had a nickname. I always wanted some neat or cute one though! I have a girlfriend whose nickname is 'Pookie". I'm not sure how she got it but I suspect it was her dad because he used to call me 'jurce' when we were kids. That was as close to a real nickname as I ever got I guess.

Hubby had several nicknames growing up but I think the one that stuck the longest is 'BOA' having had something to do a certain body part we won't mention. Can you guess that this nickname came from a bunch of guys he played football with in high school? It was a joke of course!

My name is Joyce but I go by JoyJoy on my blog as it is the nickname I gave myself for that purpose. It would hard to come up with anything else with my short name. I have always hated my name and wish I had been given something a little more exotic like Veronica or Jasmine. Oh well, I guess after 62 years I have gotten used to it. I will pass along some of my other families' nicknames later in the week.

As for the pictures of the letters already used in our challenges, here is mine for the letter "S". The first is my daughter Stacey when she was about 13 months old. I found this as I have been going through my old pictures.


This one is of a sunrise a friend caught on his way to work on Friday. While he is not a professional photographer by trade, he spends most of his time taking some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen of wild birds.


That's it for today. I will post again tomorrow! Take care everyone. xxx

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for your post, Joy. Love the picture of your daughter, very pretty. The sunset is fabulous ! Take care, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Interesting re the nicknames!! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame you don't like your name. I like it and always think of you as Joyce!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos, your daughter was such a cutie-pie. Gorgeous sunset.

    Joyce is a lovely name x

    ReplyDelete