Thursday, June 12, 2014

Past Times - Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday

I am combining days again. Thursday is all about the clothes we wore in the past. I don't have any of those left but I downloaded some pictures off the internet of types of things I would have worn back in the 60's.



The last pictures are of what were called 'shirt waist' dresses. I would have worn these to school. My mom ordered most of my clothes from catalogs because they were less expensive that way. 

I grew up in Tampa and I guess I will always consider it "home". Here are some before and after pictures of the city.



 Downtown Tampa Now (Franklin Street)



 Sadly, the bakery is no longer there.

Drive-in theater's were a really big thing.

They are all gone as well.

This was one of my Mom's favorite places to have lunch. Over the years it was many different restaurants but this one lasted the longest. it is gone now.



This ice cream place is a throw back to the old days but it has survived all of these years. It still looks like it did back in the 50's. It always had the best ice cream in town.

 And last but not least, a modern picture I have made look vintage (to the best of my ability).

I hope you all enjoyed my little trip. Take care. xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Great selection and love the then and now photos. Thank you for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really did! Thank you Joy.. and I love the trip around Tampa.. and especially those gorgeous (sleeping) babes! Oh and I like to think a shirtwaister still looks great.. xx

    ReplyDelete