Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Past Times - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday

Our challenge this week is past times with a different photo, etc. for each day. Monday is a wedding from the past.  Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures from my grandparents or parents wedding but I do have a picture of Thadd's mom and dad on their wedding day.



Tuesday is about old cars, etc. This is a picture of the Sunshine Skyway bridge. It was (and still is) the tallest bridge in Florida. If you are on a boat or a ship heading out of the Port of Tampa, you will sail under this bridge. I am showing you a picture from the 50's with all of the cars of that time and then another picture after the bridge was hit by a ship. It damaged the bridge so much it had to be rebuilt.


These are the typical cars people drove in the 40's 50's and 60's. I never owned a car until after I was married and then I didn't drive much.


Wednesday are toys we might have played with. I only had two dolls that I can remember. I had a metal dollhouse and I rode my brother's bicycle. I never had my own bike until I was much older. My parents didn't have a lot of money and they didn't believe in spoiling us kids with material items. We played outside until we were told to come in. We played tag, hide and seek, tag football, climbed trees and things like that. We did have a burlap sack swing that was a lot of fun. We were always exploring. Of course it was safe back then to roam your neighborhood looking for adventure.





I'll be back on Thursday! Take care. xxxx

3 comments:

  1. You're doing great with the tasks they were set.
    For me it was very interesting to see and read this.
    Thank you, dear JoyJoy! Keep the fire of our challenge!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! And there is nothing wrong with an outdoor non-material childhood, in fact i think most of us had these in the 60s and would wish for more chance to have it for our grandkids these days, but life is busy and the media wants to sell us every thing under the sun! Thank you Joy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great selection, same toys as I had, and my bike was a hand me down from my brothers lol. Nothing wrong with that :) My dolls were mine though lol. x

    ReplyDelete