Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Did Anyone Miss Me?

Ha Ha! I haven't blogged for a few days but I doubt I was missed since no one is probably reading my posts anyway! That's okay. My purpose is to write down my thoughts and hopefully be inspired to write more!

A rundown of my weekend went like this....Saturday errands and then off the babysit Henry. Sunday was not a good day. Our air conditioner went out and we had to wait until that afternoon for a repair man to come. He got it running again but the house was so hot by then the air conditioner never stopped running! I can imagine what our electric bill is going to look like this next month. So, it was too hot to do anything but sit in front of a fan. That is what I did, and read a book on my Kindle.

Then it was back to work on Monday and now it is Tuesday. I didn't sleep well last night. I only got about four hours of sleep before having to get up and come to work. I can't wait until it is time to leave today.

Do you ever wonder why some people seem perfectly happy to come to the same job day in and day out? I know nowadays you should be thankful that you have a job, but why do they seem so content? I know I am not challenged enough anymore in what I do. Is that why I am not happy with my position? I do feel that we have also gotten the short end of the stick with a lot of our benefits being taken away. That probably feeds my dissatisfaction as well. Why can't I be happy just to be a little worker bee like the others? They say if you have a passion for your job and love what you are doing, then it is not really work. Maybe that is my problem. I do not have a passion for what I am doing at all, nor do I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment