Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thursday Already

You know time flies when you are having fun! LOL! Well, it doesn't always seem that way to me. I am taking tomorrow (Friday) off as I have a doctor's appointment and need to run some errands. When you work it is so hard to get all your running done on Saturday. You can just do so much you know? So, this will help to give me a head start.

Thadd has gotten some friends together to play golf on Saturday and then everyone (spouses, children) will come over for dinner. We planned a cookout but I am tired of hamburgers and brats so I am going to fix a nice ham instead. Everyone will bring a side dish and I will make some deviled eggs and some sort of veggie casserole as well. It is nice to get together but also a little tiring for me. I just don't have the energy I used to.

I know the Olympics has been a big topic all week but I am just not much of a sports person. I do like the diving and gymnastics but that is about it for me. My opinion is that all sports today are just not as much fun to watch as they used to be. It is all about the money and big business instead of the actual games. It's sad really. I know the Olympics are different but they used to be better when it wasn't all these pro players competing instead of your everyday Joe. My husband says nowadays that is the only way it can stay competitive because a lot of the countries that participate were using pro athletes before the U.S. ever started so we had to do the same. Oh well.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend if I don't hear from you (ha ha). Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment