Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Monday Everyone!

Here we are again, another Monday. I spent a very busy weekend doing laundry and cooking. Boy, the weekend sure does fly by. This blog is supposed to contain stories of my travels. I don't think I have put anything in writing yet. I truly love to travel. If I could do it for a living, I would. I used to be a travel agent before 9/11 but after that date, the world changed for travel agents. The agency I worked for which was just a small "mom and pop" agency, had to close its doors. We were used to doing a LOT of airline tickets and at that point, we were doing 'nothing', as everyone was afraid to fly or go anywhere. So, I had to go back to my bread and butter experience of being an administrative assistant. I loved being a travel agent and got to plan cruises, tours, and all sorts of exciting travel for others. We also had the opportunity to travel and do new and exciting things that were known as 'FAM' trips (familiarization trips). You can't sell it if you don't know about it.

Thadd (my husband, I'm sorry, I don't know all of the blog jargon that people use) and I love to take cruises. We think it is the best vacation for the money. You only have to unpack once, all of your food is included, and there is always something to do. We have taken 12 cruises so far and plan another in the future. Living in Florida, for the most part, we just do Caribbean cruises. We have been to just about every island in the Caribbean. My favorite cruise was when we went to Curacao, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba, St. Lucia, and Barbados. These are known as the Windward Islands. There were all beautiful islands with such interesting histories as well. I would like to go back one day.

We took a Greek Isle and Adriatic cruise in 2010. That was wonderful as well but the trip there and back was a killer. It's a long flight from Florida to Venice, Italy. We did enjoy ourselves though and took some wonderful pictures. That is where we also met up with Lynne and Peter Mitchell who are from Great Britain. They are such a delightful couple. We really loved getting to know them.

I will try to post some pictures of some of our cruises tomorrow. I have to get them all in one place so they will be easier to upload. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment