Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Travel Tales - Wednesday

WEDNESDAY - CLOSE TO HOME: We have moved to another house that is closer to town and much smaller. The house we left had issues that we overlooked because we were blinded by the beautiful view. The doors of that house were very hard to lock and unlock which was a major safety issue. We asked for the locks to be replaced but the landlord refused to spend the money necessary to do so. That was the deciding factor for us to move. One of our main objectives for moving to Belize was so we could live cheaper and save money. We were not doing that. This new house is not as expensive. It is a typical Belizean house in a typical Belizean neighborhood which is where we had wanted to live from the beginning. It is a small, two bedroom, one bath house but....we have a small swimming pool! I love it here as it is more homey and cozy. Since it is smaller, we can run the air conditioning as well so I am much more comfortable in this heat.

So, where as my travels did not take me too far from what we now consider our home, my pictures will be of around town. If I have already used some of these, I'm sorry for repeating. I take pictures to put on my Facebook page as well.

Typical buildings around town.



Dogs get on the roof of houses to stay cool.

This is supposed to be a nightclub.



Cane fields.

Town square where men hang out to talk.


Cane truck.


Our police station.



Sea grapes.

Ferry in Consejo which is hand cranked.

One of the many Ruins.

Breakfast at Miss Junes.

Play area for the kids.

Corozal Library.

Sylvia (the lady in the dark top) at the market. She is our favorite vendor there.

My lunch at Miss Junes - Cow Foot Soup.

This is the fire pit and palapa in the back yard at our new house.

The pool in our backyard at the new house.

I know this is a lot of pictures but I hope you enjoy them and get a little taste of where we are living. I am much happier in our new house. It seems more like "home" to me. Take care everyone! xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Joy. I think you are on permanent holiday living where you do and I am so pleased you are happy in your new house

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Viv -
    Many retirees / in my country / also moved to live in a peaceful and quiet villages. Deserved rest!

    ReplyDelete