Monday, May 5, 2014

An Update with Some Pictures

I'm sorry I haven't been participating in the challenges but our internet is a little slow and we have been so busy getting settled in. We have now moved into a nice, big house right on the water. We were staying in a tiny cottage for the first few weeks and we were just trying to survive being right on top of each other and not having any AC. The house we are in now has it but we only run the AC in the bedroom at night. Electricity is very expensive here (or so we are told, we haven't gotten a bill yet).

So, we are adjusting to life here. It is very different from the states. You have heard of "island time"? Well, take what you may have heard and multiply it by 12. LOL!! No one, I mean, no one gets in a hurry here. We have been waiting for an ATM card from the bank for over a month now. If someone says they will come to your house on Monday (say a repairman), they may get here by Thursday or Friday. We are learning you just have to go with the flow. It is what it is.

Here are some pictures. This is the view from our back yard.







The house has two bedrooms and one and a half bathrooms. The yards are large and we sit underneath a big tree in the back and watch the water (and read) on days it is not too warm. 

I will try to join back in the challenges once we are a little more settled. We just got satellite for our TV this past week. Everyone take care and you are all welcome to come visit! I have more pictures I will try to post later but I don't want to bore you all too much!

Oh, and I can't forget to put Spencer's first birthday picture on here or an updated one of Henry!






3 comments:

  1. It is lovely to see you back. It looks like you have a great house. I'm envious of your view as well.
    I can't believe Spencer is a year already. I think he enjoyed his cake. Henry is as delightful as ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, JoyJoy - beautiful pictures!
    WoW for Belize!
    Enjoy the calmness and your pension! - Smile!
    / Hasten slowly! /
    Spencer and Henry are so cute!
    I like those rabbit ears ... and
    the whole group miss you very much!
    HUGS
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about the challenges, it is just great to know you are doing great.. and to see some pictures.. thanks Joy.. enjoy the sunshine and send some warmth our way xx

    ReplyDelete