Thursday, May 22, 2014

Colors in Nature - Thursday White

These are the only white flowers I managed to find around us. I am sure there are more scattered about but I thought these were pretty. I believe this is a Yucca plant. We have several on the side of the house. The blooms come out right at the very top. The roots of non-flowering plants are eaten and a staple in many Belizean and Hispanic households. The root is also known as Cassava. It is widely sold at our markets in town. We have eaten it and it tastes like a bland potato. Of course when it is added to a stew, etc. it is quite good.





Yucca or Cassava Root


And the day wouldn't be over without a picture of the babies. I really miss them.




Henry has turned into quite the little ham.

2 comments:

  1. That is really interesting about the yucca.
    I can understand you missing your 2 boys. I hope you can see them soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. We use to have a Yucca plant in our house in St Albans, beautiful flowers they have. Didn't know you could eat them though, very interesting. x

    ReplyDelete