Friday, April 5, 2013

April View Challenge

Wow, I can't believe it is April already! Where does the time go? Our challenge this month is another picture of our view plus a new one from our kitchen window and our neighborhood. The weather here has been rainy for the most part all week which made it difficult to get out. I did manage to get a few shots though it may seem like I am repeating myself. Maybe I am. They say you have a tendency to do that when you get older. LOL!  So, my view as you know is Henry. Here is a collage of some new pictures of him. He is so photogenic (takes after his mom, not me).

I am adding a picture from my kitchen window but I know that view hasn't changed since my last picture. Unless I go hang something on wall (maybe that's not a bad idea) they only difference you will see is where Thadd may have shifted some of his lawn tools around.


It is hard to tell in the picture, but in the window sill I have a small statue of St. Joseph. A friend of mine at work who is catholic gave it to me when we were trying to sell our house (the one we owned before this one). If you don't know the story, it goes like this. You bury the statue upside down in the yard of the house you want to sell. It is supposed to help you sell your house more quickly. I don't know how, but it sure worked. I buried it and within a week we had sold the house. It amazed me! After you sell your house, you dig him up and give me a place of honor in your new house. I put him in the kitchen window because he is seen there all of the time. Here is a close up of the statue.


And finally here are a couple of pictures of some Amaryllis blooming in the yard. I will try to get some other neighborhood shots before the week is out if I can. Everyone take care and have a good weekend. xxx




8 comments:

  1. gorgeous photos of Henry. Love the idea of the statue and its great to see your armarylasis growing outside...thanks for the comment on my blog, I would miss no clothes line outside...its a blessing when the weather allows here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry is a little sweetheart isn't he.
    I had never heard of that tradition to bury the statue, what a great idea and so glad it worked for you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little boy Henry is becoming ! You must be overjoyed with him.
    This story with the statue is really funny, furthermore because my dad is called Joseph. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos of Henry. Still can't get over your amaryllis they are stunning. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet photos of Henry. I've never heard that house selling story, but hey who are we to question!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely collage of Henry. I've not heard that story either. We could have done with that while we were selling mums house.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Henry looks a lovely lad and so phtogenic too xx

    That story of St Joseph made me laugh but who knows maybe you prayed!! and God can answer prayers!!!

    Wow to your Amaryllis growing outside, our indoor ones in the UK have all finished now!!...and thrown away!

    ReplyDelete
  8. /Here I am to comment - at last!/
    I'm having great fun while reading and viewing
    / browse/ this post.
    Henry is a great boy - he has grown so much!
    How nice that your friend helped you and gave this statue. I learned something new. I also think that his great faith / you wrote that he is Catholic / and your strong desire made ​​this statue stronger. Keep it!
    The flowers are very beautiful!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete