Monday, April 8, 2013

Let's Reflect - April

Here is an excerpt of Anne's challenge for April....

After our Laugh week in March, we now go back to something more serious, as our word is vulnerable.

What do you do when you feel vulnerable, what do you eat, what do you say, how do you dress, whom do you talk to, what do you avoid doing, what do you do much more ?

Do you dress in bright colors, do you go clubbing, do you hibernate, do you go for long walks, do you cuddle your Teddy in your PJs all day, do you read a book, do you raid your local supermarket for chocolate, do you look at yourself in a mirror and do faces ?

We all have our own small things we do to try and feel better and I would like we share them with each other, as we never have too many ways of trying to feel better, do we ?

This week, we open a massive savings account ( at least one that won't go bust, LOL)  and we all deposit our little secret remedies. At the end of the week, we all will feel richer and more prepared to fight grey days, would they come.

I have to say that I don't feel vulnerable very often. My first marriage was not always a happy time for me and I came out of that relationship with very low self esteem. Now, I am just the opposite of the person I was at that time. I am not mean or a bully but I don't let people take advantage of me. In the rare times that I do feel vulnerable it is usually because my feelings have been hurt. At those times I tend to retreat into myself for a while and mull things over. I might sleep more than normal or be a little more quieter than usual, but it never lasts for long. I have also been known to give myself a stern talking to! If that doesn't work, I talk to my husband Thadd. He can always put things back in perspective for me. LOL!

I have been through a lot in my life (my mother used to tell me I could write a book about it) but I believe the experiences have only helped me to become a stronger person. I have shed gallons of tears, had lots of sleepless nights, and gone through bouts of depression, but I am a survivor in every sense of the word. I try to focus on the positive, happy things in my life, like the beautiful sunset below.






6 comments:

  1. Lovely photo and I agree with you, in the sense that every thing we go through should make us stronger in ourselves to deal with other things that life will put in our way. You sound like you have dealt with a lot and dealt with it well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the great post!
    I really like your thoughts on this topic. I really like the photo too -it is very impactful.
    Thank you for sharing this with us.
    I always find for me here a nice peace and quiet.
    /Thank you for your visits to my blog./

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post, Joy. I am glad you were able to turn all these negative events into positive ones.
    Your photo is so beautiful, that's what I call a gorgeous sunset. I used to see such beautiful ones when I was still living in Marseille. Now in England, you learn to be happy if it doesn't rain, LOL. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joyce so similar to me and having met you ..you don't strike me as a person these days who would feel vulnerable too often!!

    I agree a beautiful photoxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely post x beautiful photo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your photo. It sounds like you've had a very interesting life.

    ReplyDelete