Friday, October 11, 2013

Let's Reflect Challenge - October

This month, our challenge's word starts with I and it's going to be 

                                                     IRRESISTIBLE

This is such a positive word as it only has to do with the nicest things. 

You don't say bad weather is irresistible or catching the flu is irresistible, but a beautiful smile can be irresistible, a cake can be irresistible ( tell me about it ), that little dress or top in your corner shop is definitely irresistible.

So this month, we celebrate the arrival of Autumn and if you don't like it too much like me, we just think about the nicest things so we can go through.

So, what is irresistible for you ?

I am way behind this week with our challenge. I am still playing catch up after being gone all last week. I am not going to be able to do the second part of the challenge of food for each day of the week as what things I have prepared, do not match up with any letters of the days of the week. It has mainly been chicken, black beans and rice with kielbasa with the other nights not really even having dinner but settling for a bowl of cereal.

As for the rest of the challenge and the word "irresistible" there are so many things I find irresistible I can't even list them all. It is a wonderful word though and I think it is great that it was chosen. It is true that it can only be used in a positive manner. Off the top of my head the first ten things I can say I find totally irresistible are: my grandchildren, puppies, kittens, candy corn, roses, shoes, olives, tomatoes, cuban sandwiches, and deviled crabs. Unfortunately, the last two items on my top ten can only be found in Ybor City (Ybor City is an area outside of downtown Tampa. Locals here in Orlando try to duplicate them but fail in my opinion) Ybor is a two hour drive away so I don't get to eat them very often. "Huge sigh"

Since I find Henry, Spencer and Zach irresistible, I can't resist taking pictures of them.



Also, since I didn't post any 'view' pictures of outside before, I did find a few to take earlier this week. This is about as close to 'fall' as we get. These three pictures are of rain trees that turn yellow and then a pinkish red before they completely lose their leaves.


Hopefully next week will be better for my blogging. Everyone have a great weekend. xxxx

6 comments:

  1. Love your list of irresistible things. If I had your grandchildren I would find them irresistible as well. Oh the cuddles and giggles. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too like your list!
    The children are adorable just love seeing these photos weekly too x

    Our @fall' is just starting hope to go next Wed with Peter to a park where the tree colours should be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grand kids are beautiful. Have a great week-end too ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great list of "Irresistible" I think I'd like to try Cuban sandwiches and Devilled crab.
    Your grandchildren are adorable - so photogenic

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post!
    I like the second picture with the guitar and inscription - Bewere!
    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning trio of boys they are :-)
    I love the sound of your food and the pics of your fall are great. Ours have still not turned much more than a tinge of brown, we have had a couple of days of sun so maybe they will put on a show in the next couple of weeks. xxx

    ReplyDelete