Saturday, May 4, 2013

April Quotation and the Word BIRTHDAY

Since I have been gone for the past couple of weeks, I am playing catch up with the Lucky Snapping blog. I will put everything here in one instead of going back. For the April quotation Lynne has challenged us with the following:

Here is our quote…
 “ Make rest and refreshment a necessity, not a luxury”

I am hoping that this quote will get you snapping again!
Let’s show each other photos of ourselves, friends, family and even strangers resting and eating or photos of what we do or would like to do for rest and for refreshment!

Since I am retired I know I get a lot more rest and relaxation than I used to. In fact, some days I feel guilty that I haven't done more than I could (and probably should) have done. I am a night owl and have trouble going to sleep before the wee hours. Because of that, I sleep later in the mornings. I think this might be a bad habit but at this point, I am not sure I care. I have never been a morning person and doubt I ever will be. I had to get up early and go to work for so many years, that now that I don't have to, I am taking full advantage of it. I so enjoy reading, fooling around on my computer, watching TV and sometimes, just sitting and staring off into the distance at what is around me.

I have bad knees so I cannot walk too far without causing immense pain, so I walk and rest, walk and rest. I have to say I really miss being able to walk more. There are many places I would like to go but because I cannot walk very far, I stay home. Even a trip to the grocery store can be trying for me. I miss the days when I would go to the zoo or one of the theme parks and walk around all day long. Oh well, you learn to adapt which I guess I have done.

We just got back from two weeks in Belize. We rented a car and drove all over the country. We are considering moving there when Thadd retires and this was our 'reconnaissance' trip to check out the different areas of the country. Our favorite was Corozaol which is in northern Belize and close to the Mexican border. While we were there we had plenty of time to rest and refresh ourselves so our trip fits in well with this challenge. Here are some pictures of Corozal.



This is a picture of the beach access at the place we stayed called the Copa Banana.


This picture was taken in Placencia which is in southern Belize at a restaurant where we were getting ready to partake of some refreshment.




It was a wonderful trip and we both came back rested and refreshed!


And now for the word BIRTHDAY....

We don't make a big to-do about birthday's for the most part. Usually they are just family affairs without a lot of pomp and circumstance. I am going to put some pictures of my husband Thadd's, 60th birthday because I did throw him a party. I have already posted a picture of his cake once before but I will put a few other pictures here for you to see.





Here is a picture from my daughter Stacey's birthday. She and her half sister Chelsea have the same birth date but eleven years apart. The picture on the cake is of Stacey holding Chelsea.


Here are a couple of pictures of my grandson Zachary's first birthday. He will be seven years old on the 23rd of this month. My, how time flies.





And then there is Henry who wasn't too crazy about celebrating his first birthday but here are some pictures.



But he loved his riding car that he received as a gift from him mommy and daddy!


 I guess this does it for me. I don't have any pictures of me at birthday celebrations for myself mainly because I do not like to have my picture taken. I am just not a photogenic person and most of the shots come out horrible. For my two major birthdays (50th and 60th) we took cruises to celebrate. Sorry this is so long but you know how it is playing catch up. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts and looking at your pictures. Take care. xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, glad you had a good trip, the photos look sooooo relaxing :) and those cakes look amazing. Lovely to catch up, so not a long post at all. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I read, I saw the pictures and I dream.
    Congratulations! I am glad that we are part of this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belize looks exactly like what we would need right now ! Thanks for your best wishes for Rhea, she is doing OK. xxx

    ReplyDelete