Monday, May 20, 2013

Nostalgia Challenge - Party On!


The prompt for May..' Party Memories'.... tell us about some of your special party memories.. they can be a long way back to your first birthday party memories or as recent as a good party for New Year or a wedding in the past year.. all you have to do is share the memory, the laughter.. or even the tears!

childhood birthdays
weddings
graduations
college parties (!!)
milestone celebrations .. 21st / 40th / 50th birthdays or anniversaries
fancy dress and themed parties


Our challenge this week is about nostalgia and parties. I am going to put pictures of what brings back nostalgic memories for me whether it was at a party or just being with friends and family having a good time. Most birthdays do not mean much to me but vacations and family gatherings provide me with my 'party memories'. So here goes!


This collage is of my son Donald, daughter-in-law Christie, grandson Zach, my sister Sherry and her husband Bernd (and Thadd), and my daughter Stacey with the babies. Being with family means a lot to me. These were taken at family get togethers.


The first picture on the top left is of my niece Christina on the far right, her daughter, my great niece Kaleigh (in the middle) who is graduating from high school this weekend, and my other great niece, Gabby (far left). Then there is Zach at karate getting his yellow belt, my step-grandsons Erik and Reidar at soccer, and on the bottom right, my step-daughter Traci, her husband Justun and the two step-granddaughters, Morgan and Madi. They are big into sports.


This is a collage of Thadd with the grandsons. It does my heart good to see him be able to interact with them. Henry and Spencer are the first grandchildren to live locally to give us this chance. Henry loves his PaPaw!


These are pictures of some good times we have had. Thadd being silly at a St. Paddy's Day dinner, my retirement celebration, my 60th birthday cake my daughter made for me, and Thadd and I holding and feeding a baby tiger in Costa Maya Mexico.


These are pictures of friends that we have had celebrations or good times with. You might recognize Peter and Lynne! (Elizabeth and Guy top left, Don and Kim bottom left, and MaryLou whom I have been friends with since I was about 7 years old)


These are pictures from cruises we have taken that have created such wonderful memories for me. The one picture on the far right is my Mom who I still miss so much. Just looking at a picture of her makes me feel nostalgic for the times we spent together.


Lastly is a single photo of Henry giving his little brother Spencer a gentle kiss. This picture will always give me a sweet, warm feeling of love. We will have plenty of good times, memories and parties in the future to look forward to.


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos Joy, oh and the baby tiger, I am jealous ! But of all, this last one photo is amazing, you should print it in a massive shape and frame it. It just made my heart warm ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, what a gorgeous bunch of photos.. and yes, I agree, family gatherings are 'party time' and when you get more than about six people no excuse needed xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Congratulations to these collages of photos! Really wonderful memories and good mood.
    I am very glad to see your photo with Peter and Lynne!
    Thank you for sharing this with us!
    Henry and Spencer - This black and white photo - amazing!
    /You do not know how well, how much positive energy in there, thanks to you!/
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos and a potted history of what you enjoy! Thank you for including us in your photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great photos, so many memories

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post and such lovely photos and memories, I really enjoyed reading this Joy :) x

    ReplyDelete