Monday, May 20, 2013

The View Challenge and Let's Reflect May - ENJOY

I am afraid I am way behind.  I have been tied up running back and forth to the hospital for our little seven week old grandson Spencer has spent the last 12 days there. He somehow developed a blood infection that required IV antibiotics. Problem was, he is so small they had trouble with keeping an IV in his little arm or foot.  They finally put one in the top of is head. It was shocking to see it and made me cry! But the good news is he is now better and is home. It was a stressful time for us all and adding to that was the fact that little Henry, his brother, couldn't understand what was going on. All he  knew was his mommy, daddy, and little brother weren't at home with him. Here is a picture of Spencer's IV. I hope it won't upset you too much to see it.



My regular view is of Henry. Here is a picture of him taken at his Nanny's sitting in a little chair on her upstairs patio. He is a regular little ham! He is 16 months old now.


Here are some pictures of my neighborhood. Spring is in full bloom here so there were lots of pretty things to show. Some are from my yard (Jasmine, Palm tree, and Magnolia flowers) while the others are in neighbors yards.



As far as the additional prompt for the kitchen window, my view has not changed. I guess I could get Thadd to stand in front of the window and I could take a picture of him. LOL!!

Now for Let's Reflect for the month of May - ENJOY

There are many things I enjoy. Most of them are simple things. Reading, spending time with family, watching TV and movies, cooking and eating, drives around the neighborhood in our golf cart, playing with my dog, traveling, and many more things. Sometimes I enjoy just sitting and doing nothing but reflecting on what is going on in my life.

So one can enjoy 'doing' things or enjoy 'having' things. I enjoy having a cup of tea or coffee in the morning while I read the newspaper. I enjoy having friends come over for a cookout or meeting somewhere for lunch. I enjoy seeing the flowers all bloom and the ducks hatching their babies. There is so much in life to enjoy.

And yes, we Americans do have a habit of saying 'take care' and 'enjoy' and we truly mean for those things to happen. LOL!! So take care everyone! xxxx


2 comments:

  1. I feel so much for you Joy. I know how much I can worry for my girls, so for a little dude like this, it must have been agonizing for you all. So pleased for you that he is back home. You TAKE CARE and you ENJOY him now ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor little man xxx so pleased he is back home and poor Henry too xxx
    I Love all the lovely flowers in your view. Photos x

    Retirement seems to be suiting you?

    ReplyDelete