Thursday, November 7, 2013

The View Challenge - November

We have been quite busy getting ready for our community garage sale coming up Saturday. We have enough to sell for the whole neighborhood. I really don't know how we could accumulate so much in just over six years when we moved to this house. We had gotten rid of a lot of things when we moved here but I think items have been growing in our closets while we weren't looking. As you know, we are planning on moving to Belize and realize we cannot take everything we own with us. Houses there for the most part are smaller than here in the states and do not have the storage space we have here. Plus, we want to simplify our lives as much as possible. I may regret getting rid of some of the things I am parting with later but for now, I am biting the bullet and just doing it.

Thadd has been busy making minor repairs to the house and doing some painting outside. He painted the concrete driveway and patio as the old paint was all chipped and ugly. The outside doors needed repainting (they are all white and you know how hard it is to keep that clean), and some of the vinyl windows in the Florida room needed replacing.  He is going to tweak the landscaping then we feel the house will be ready to put on the market for sale. Please wish us luck as we can't move until we sell the house.

Here is my view for November. Big brother Henry with little brother Spencer. Henry loves Spencer.


Henry helping Mommy drink her protein milk shake. His eyes just melt my heart!

 
Spencer and a pumpkin pillow
 
 
 
 
 
 
This evening as the sun set, the skies turned the most beautiful shades of red, yellow and orange. I only had my phone to take pictures with but I wanted to share them. People were standing outside of their houses just gazing at these marvelous skies. My phone camera doesn't really do them justice.
 


 
I have been reading where some of you are having cooler, wet weather as winter creeps in. We too have had milder weather as it has only been getting into the low to mid 80's during the day and into the low 60's at night. Our Bougainvillea is loving this weather. It had just about stopped blooming when it was so hot but now is back in all of its glory.


Take care everyone! xxxx

9 comments:

  1. Good luck with your sale Joy, hope everything goes. I would really struggle to do what you are doing as I hoard so much stuff. Great photos of the boys. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos of the boys, love the first one especially.

    What a sky, no wonder everyone stopped what they were doing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joy for your comments on my blog!
    Your kind words are a great support for me now.
    Congratulations - great post! These photos of the boys are fantastic!
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your photos are so beautiful, the boys, the skies and your flowers ! Good luck with the Sale ! Take care, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best of luck with your garage sale and the sale of the house. It is a big step but I am sure everything will turn out more than OK. Your photos are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are wonderful.
    Those boys are adorable and I love the colour of your bougainvillea. That sky is superb.
    Hope the garage sale goes well for you. It is really difficult to get rid of stuff that you have saved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos, the boys look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Joy finally home til Christmas :)

    We too are having wonderful Autumnal sunsets but much colder than you!

    Good for you down sizing xxxx we did it years ago and it is hard
    much love to you both xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.. I just came back to catch up and I hadn't seen your moving news.. I read back and I guess you have been thinking of it for a while.. would love to hear more about it.. does it seem a long way from you or doe sit feel close, even though it is another country?
    Good luck with it, it will make some interesting blogging I bet xx

    ReplyDelete