Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Eve

Today is New Years Eve day and it is a gorgeous day in Orlando. Sunny and breezy with a temp of 75F. I have been sitting out on my patio reading the newspaper and enjoying a cup or two of tea with my dog Toby. He is enjoying laying in the sunshine. I will try to add a picture of him. Here he is all warm and cozy.
We do not have plans to do anything tonight as we are not partyers (is that a word?)LOL We have a hard time staying awake until midnight sometimes to watch the ball drop in Times Square. Tomorrow is the big day for us. There is a big golf tournament here where we live (we live on a golf course), called the Bloody Mary Tournament. Gallons of Bloody Mary's are given to the golfers to drink as they golf. Needless to say, by the time they are all done, many are three sheets to the wind. My husband Thadd, our son-in-law Corey, my ex-husband and his wife, their son, and a friend will all be playing.
 
We then have all of the players and other family over for New Years Day dinner which consists of corned beef, cabbage, mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, black-eyed peas with hog jowl, and a relish tray with pickles, olives, sliced tomatoes, and green onions. Sort of a combination of my southern roots and Thadd's northern roots. When I was growing up my mom would put pure silver coins in the cabbage and if you got one on your plate, it meant you would be prosperous for the new year. It's hard to find pure silver coins anymore so we do not do that now.
 
I wish everyone a Happy New Years. May you all be happy and healthy in the upcoming year.xxx


5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Joyce xxxx

    I have never read your blog before!! Will start from today :)

    Another thread to read is here for Lucky Snapping http://luckysnappingin2013.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/a-bit-more-about-what-to-expect-in-2013.html
    Did send you an invite!

    Glad we aren't eating with you today LOL!! Apart from corned beef cabbage and mash pots and onions he wouldn't eat anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Joy and welcome to lucky snapping ! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid I have messed up already. Since I am new to all of this, that will be my excuse! LOL The picture that ended up for my view is not what I wanted there. I wasn't sure how the linky thing worked so I definitely did it wrong. I know there is a time difference and all of you are probably in bed, but can someone tell me how to fix it? Any help will be appreciated.

      Delete